Discover: How To Make Perfect Swiss Meringue Buttercream
Hello Dreamers! In the last blog post we were sharing about the difference between Fresh Cream and Swiss Meringue Buttercream. And in case you missed it, this is a quick recap - Swiss Meringue Buttercream contains butter, which hardens when it is in the fridge and is more stable at air con room temperatures while Fresh Cream does not. This is why Swiss Meringue Buttercream is always recommended if the cake is displayed for hours. So, if you’re intending to bake a birthday cake to be displayed for hours, you’re in the right place! Today, we will be sharing our Swiss Meringue Buttercream Recipe.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- 260g Sugar
- ½ Tsp Salt
- 4 Egg Whites
- 500g Unsalted Butter (At Room Temperature)
- Separate the egg whites and yolk into a large mixing bowl
- In the same mixing bowl, add the sugar and salt together with the egg whites
- Heat water in a pot to simmer and place the mixing bowl on top of the pot, making sure it does not touch the water.
- Stir the mixture occasionally, making sure that the egg whites do not cook.
- When the sugar has all dissolved, take the mixture off heat
- Beat the mixture on medium-high speed until meringue is thick and glossy. Do note that the mixing bowl should not feel warm, it should be at room temperature.
- On medium speed, add butter a little at a time
- Increase speed to medium-high and beat until texture is smooth and thick.
Alternatively, you can also watch the video tutorial here we made on our IGTV. Tag us on Instagram if you are going to try this recipe, we would love to see how your Swiss Meringue Buttercream turned out with your celebration cakes. Also, let us know below what else you would like to find out about!